Please submit your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Manager - Industrial Automation Sales Charleston SC
Office Location: Wilmington, NC
Territory: Eastern NC & SC
Description: The successful candidate will possess a commitment to delivering quality customer service, a strong work ethic, excellent verbal communication skills, proven sales skills and a valid driver’s license. A Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus a minimum of 3 years sales and electrical and automation industry experience required or equivalent combination of education & experience. The Account Manager is responsible for serving as the primary representative for the company and to its customers through the establishment and maintenance of excellent customer relations. The Outside Account Manager is responsible for maintaining a strong product knowledge that is used to promote and market products and services offered by the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes personal sales calls at customer establishments on a regular basis; seeks new customers and/or opportunities.
- Introduces and demonstrates new products to assigned accounts.
- Assists customers with takeoffs, project layout/design and in pricing bills of material.
- Follows-up on all generated quotations to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
- Writes sales orders whenever possible.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
- Maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company/branch goals in the marketplace.
- Cooperates with qualified suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
- Attends product training classes to develop superior product knowledge to handle customer applications.
- Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates and support personnel; encourages and assists in their training and development when possible.
- Executes sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company; includes the maintenance of a clean and uncluttered vehicle.
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, product pricing, etc.
- Prepares an annual sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
- Informs customers of all relevant company policies. Reports customer comments to management.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Developed knowledge of the industrial market.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations.
- Demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Minimal Four Year Degree required (Engineering or Technical Field Preferred)
- Minimal 3 Years of Industrial Sales Experience
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Successfully passing a standard drug screening
- Salary (Commissioned Structured) is commensurate with experience and training; it is very competitive within the industry.
- Car Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Fuel Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings with Employer Contributions